Hello everyone and happy bank holiday weekend.
Here is the email I sent home today
There is great work going on at the school but it does bring to mind the saying that ‘you can’t make an omelette without breaking eggs’…..
To help you enjoy the long weekend, here is Mr. Molloy’s suggestion for this week:
High and Low Ball Passing Activity.
- Skill practiced: throwing, passing and co-ordination.
- You need 2 balls and a friend.
- Each person takes a ball and stands two metres apart.
- Throw your ball head high to your friend and your friend throws their ball waist high to you at the same time.
- Try to do this ten times without letting the balls collide in mid-air.
- Carry out the same drill this time hand-passing the ball with your strong hand.
- Next try and see if you can do this drill hand-passing using your weaker hand.
- Count how many passes you can complete in one minute.
- Infants can stand 2 metres apart and throw the ball to each other.
- First and second can practice the drill without the hand pass.
- Good Luck.
Continued positive news from Ms Reynolds – her baby birds are continuing to thrive. It turns out that they are Magpies so, if the rhyme is to believed, they should bring lots of joy to the family. The birds have changed a lot in the last week as you can see:
Here are Ms Popplewell’s recommendations for the weekend:
Movie Recommendation: Annie (Netflix)
I hope you enjoy watching this movie. You can write or type a Movie Review
after watching your Movie of choice. RTE also have kids/family movies on
during the week if you do not have access to Netflix.
And for this week’s recipe:
Enjoy your long weekend!